Wednesday 4 June 2014

Unit 3: Romey & J (Blog 5)

For our summative assessment, we are doing a scene from the play Romeo and Juliette by William Shakespeare. I have chosen o do my scene with Farah Moreel. You can find a link to her blog here. We have chosen Act 3 Scene 5. I play Juliette and Farah plays Lady Capulet. We have to mark our script and upload pictures of them. The annotations include the stage set up and also stage directions. I have marked what each line is portraying, costume choices, lighting/technical choices and the content of the line.

 Page 1













Page 2














Page 3













Page 4














In this scene, Juliette is overcome with emotions for her husband Romeo, who has been banished, and her Cousin Tybalt, who was killed by Romeo. She is upset and weak from endless crying over both of them. 

My movements are very slow and sad and I am mostly sitting down on my bed because I am tired. I voice is quite high pitched as Juliette has a high voice but at times it is low to exaggerate the sadness that Juliette is feeling. I speak quite slowly for most lines again to show I am tired. Some lines are delivered quick like "Madam, in happy time, what day is that?" because Juliette is worried and also confused about what is going on. My mood changes slightly when I hear about the marriage but Juliette is more trying to convince her mother than being a stroppy teenager.

(To Ms Kimey. If the pictures aren't clear enough, please tell me and I will show you my script in class.)

Bye now! xxx :)

-K








No comments:

Post a Comment