Friday 15 November 2013

Identity...

In drama class, we watched a short film called 'Identity' http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikGVWEvUzNM. It was about the different kinds of masks that people wear throughout their lives. We have been asked by our teacher to write a blog post about what we thought of it and what masks we wear in our lives.

I thought that the masks were a symbol. It shows that we have different personalities when we are around different people. We change our masks to suit our situation. The protagonist, however, only had one mask which was different to everyone else's. This means that she doesn't feel the need to have more then one personality, she is fine just being herself. At the end of the film, the protagonist decides that she does not need to wear a mask at all. She takes it off and walks out. I think that this would inspire others to slowly take of their masks.

During my life, I think that I have worn many masks. Before coming to Bangladesh, I was living in England. I wore more masks there then I do here. In England, I had masks for when I was with certain friends, in school, at church, with my family, with my parents and with family friends. Each one of them was different in many ways. But when I moved to Bangladesh, it was like a new start for me. I got to start from scratch with no masks. Here, all of my friends are the same and we see each other at school. We don't have any family or family friends here so I only need one for my close family (my brother and parents). I do have a different mask for our drama classes. In drama I am more confident as it is one of my favourite subject and I am more comfortable there. My only other mask is when I am with the other teachers in the school, because my dad is a teacher. At these times I am very polite because, well my teachers are there! So here is an actual list of my masks:

  • With friends and at school
  • Close friends
  • With my close family
  • With extended family
  • In drama class
  • With my teachers
As you can see, I only really have six masks in my life. For the homework that I will be doing (creating masks to represent three of the masks I wear) I have chosen: With close friends, In drama and With teachers.

Bye! xx


No comments:

Post a Comment