Monday 27 January 2014

Commedia dell'Arte Performance Task Personal Evaluation

Hello there! 

In class on Wednesday, we performed our final Commedia pieces for the entire class. As you know, I was Columbina! I now need to write o personal evaluation. 


What choices did you make for your rough draft performance?


In my rough draft performance, I chose to do a scene which shows Columbina helping her mistress to get dressed. I decided to curtsy at the mistress to chow that she had a higher status than me and it helped the audience to understand what was going on. As a take out to the audience, I smiled at them.

How much time did you spend practicing for the performance?


I spent a lot of time practicing for the performance. I practiced during the class time and also in my own time. I practiced most nights and also on the day of the final performance.

What specific feedback did you get for your rough performance?


My feedback was:
Lower you’re very tall, so try to walk a little lower
Good interaction with hair and such nice curtsy, head down when curtsy
Head down when you walk as an act of subservience
Watch some Downton Abbey and see how staff interact with Family
Less flitty/tippy toey and more “earthy” for walking/movement.

What did you choose to change for your final performance? 

For my final performance, I did not change too much. I made another take out to the audience where I do a curtsy at them. I took my feedback into consideration and kept my head down when I walked. I also looked down when I curtsied as my feedback suggested.

How did you feel your final performance went?

I think that my final performance went well because I kept to my plan and everything went well. The only thing I forgot was to keep my head down when I curtsied. I looked down but did not bow my head. Overall though, I think it went very well.

What specific feedback did you get?

My feedback was:
Nice take out to curtsy
Remember head down to be more tall actually bow head instead of just looking down
Interactions appropriate
Pick up item downstage instead of upstage so no back to audience
Look down when curtsying

How do you thing your performance compared to the stock characters in the video?

I think that my performance was different to the stock character of Columbina in the video. This is because I was following my teachers advice and was doing the performance in a way that she though was right. 

What score would I give my performance out of 10 using Criterion B descriptors? Explain why

I would give myself a  nine out of 10 based on the Criterion B descriptors. This because, I was able to use a range of appropriate skills in my performance, for example, a take out to the audience. I was also creative with my piece of work which I think deserves a high level.

Bye now! xox






No comments:

Post a Comment